Fan Expo 2010 Commissions

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Daredevil. 2010. Acrylic and watercolor on paper, 9 x 12".

Although this piece was commissioned at the Fan Expo in Toronto, I didn't actually complete it until I returned home to Brooklyn. This allowed me to try some opaque acrylic techniques, since I limit my media to watercolor at conventions. I posted this previously on Twitter, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to have it here as well... maybe it does.

I've been working on a pretty cool cover for the better part of the week. I have a hunch people will like it—you can't go wrong with putting several popular characters in one place. I don't know... maybe you can.

Also, I wanted to mention that I've opted to share my blog photo stream publicly. Google's Blogger uses Picasa Web Albums for on-line storage, so there won't be anything new if you've been following this blog for some time. That being said, it's much easier to browse since everything is in a centralized location, complete with thumbnails.

And finally, I'm heading to Texas for most of next week (Houston, San Antonio, and Austin), so I'll be taking a blogging break for the duration. Have a wonderful weekend and a happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments :

  1. Damn that's nice. That's one of the best commission images I've seen from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great reflection effect you did there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys. I can't wait to do some more Daredevil. I need to make time for covers!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.