San Diego Comic-Con 2010 Commissions

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Magneto. 2010. Watercolor on paper, 9 x 12".

We're almost through all the San Diego commissions... just one more to go after this, which I'll post next week. After that, we've got about a dozen or so to get through from the Fan Expo. I'd like to use that buffer to compose some longer posts, some of which I've been promising for quite some time. I'd like to talk about perspective, faces, inking, color, and perhaps a Red Sonja sculpture step-by-step feature. Any preference as to which I should tackle first? If I don't start to focus on one, then none of them will ever be finished.

On the Marvel front, I'm excited to say that my next project will be a Spidey one-shot with Dan Slott! I've known Dan for a while, and he pitched this story to me back in May, so I'm glad to finally have the chance to collaborate with him. I also just finished an intense Spidey cover with a lot of windows. I'm happy with it, but man... that took some time.

Next week, I'll be teaching a digital tools class... but it's only for my fellow Marvel artists. This is definitely a first for Marvel, but they seem to be making a concerted effort now to facilitate communication between their many freelancers. I hope the trend continues. I'll ask if I can tape the seminar (but no promises).

Also, tonight I'll be attending the opening reception for Blow-Up: Hanuka, Shimizu, Weber. It may require an RSVP, but the show will be up through October 16, if you can't make it just yet.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments :

  1. I love saying, "I'm going to blow up."

    I'm taking a perspective class right now, and it's pretty mind-blowing. Put anything in a box, and you can draw if from any angle. I think we discussed windows once. Wasn't a happy memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is for seeing the perspective post first, but don't get me wrong they all sound great I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say you should start with perspective too! I know I've been bugging you about it for a while!

    I hope you can videotape the seminar thing!

    Have a great weekend too Paolo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to take that as 3 votes for perspective. I'm not sure yet how in-depth I'm going to go, but at the very least, I'm going to point out my favorite tricks and point people in the direction of my favorite books.

    And thanks, Francis, it's been a great weekend so far.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.