San Diego Comic-Con 2010 Commissions

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Galactus. 2010. Watercolor on paper, 9 x 12".

Here's yet another commission from San Diego, probably my favorite of the bunch (though I've still got a few more to show over the next couple of weeks). Aside from that, I'm still playing catch up after Fan Expo — I've got a Spidey cover that's due soon. I'm about 40 hours into it right now (with about 20 more to go), but it should be worth it in the end: swinging through the city with the Empire State Building in the background during the golden hour. Doesn't get much better than that.

I did manage to tape my lecture from last weekend, but I haven't reviewed it, and I'm afraid my voice may not be audible. Beyond that, the screen wasn't connecting to my iPad, but I came up with a solution on the fly: the overhead projector (used for drawing demonstrations) was working, so I just slipped my iPad under it. The color wasn't great, but it did the job. Thanks again to everyone who attended. My only regret was not having enough time.

Before I sign off for the weekend, I wanted to alert any non-tweeters that I've posted a number of links on my twitter page, some for tutorials, others for tangentially relevant topics, including good news for my favorite pulp artist, H.J. Ward. Additionally, I thought I'd share a link to a free, on-line typing course that has significantly improved my skills. At the beginning of the year, I spent a couple weeks practicing 5-10 minutes a day and I've been reaping the benefits ever since. If you spend as much time at the computer as I do, but are still looking at the keyboard to type, then it's definitely worth your time. Thanks for the link, Maw!

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.