Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 72

Tuesday, September 8, 2009


Mythos: Captain America, page 12, panel 5 (2008)
gouache and acrylic on bristol board

Steve Rogers, his cover blown, informs Bucky of his new sidekick status.




Using my trusty Steve Rogers maquette, I snapped a pic with the appropriate lighting. I used this in conjunction with a photo I took of myself (shown below), the main purpose of which was for color.





This pic was taken during the painting process. Surrounding the active area are my study and reference photos. You can see where I've matched color swatches directly on my digital color study printout. Everything is held in place with my trusty magnets and dry erase board.

3 comments :

  1. Thanks Paolo! Excellent work on here as always man! Thanks for posting your process in how you create your maquettes. I hope you don't mind me using your methods, I love visiting your blog, I always learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heart wacky reference wednesdays. thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my pleasure, gentlemen. Thanks for reading.

    And Jeremy, it's flattering (even if they aren't really my methods). Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.