Old Man Logan Gets Older

Thursday, September 24, 2009


These pics were taken throughout the painting process and are a good representation of my typical method: pencils, followed by a sepia gouache underpainting, and finished with gouache and Acryla Gouache.

I should mention, however, that I tried out a new illustration board and it worked out pretty well. I usually use Strathmore 500 Series bristol board, 3-ply, vellum surface, so I was happy to see that the company was reaching out to comic artists with a line of products tailored to our needs. In this case, I used 500 Series Illustration Board for Wet Media, which is essentially a sturdier version of my standard paper. You can see the entire line at their web site. I think I'll stick to the 3-ply for most of my work (I need something that can be lightboxed), but I may use the board for larger paintings.

In other news, I'm going to the opera. Have a good weekend!






4 comments :

  1. He had not seen the latest posts ... the horse.
    the artwork is beautiful.
    You're a great artist.
    Congratulations on your work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to say AWESOME! This is such a fun read about the process of an artist. Love your Spider-Man. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was Luke M (Can not for the life of me remember my password).

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.