Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 54

Tuesday, April 28, 2009


Both of these excerpts are from Amazing Spider-Man #577, my first (professional) foray into inking. Luckily, I had my trusty paintball gun to "pose" as a shotgun. I may or may not have shot it in my apartment the other night... just to see if it still worked.




And here I am pointing at the ever-present zit on my forehead. Luckily, I was able to restrain my derivative tendencies and withheld such an indignity from The Punisher. For those of you who missed my zit at NYCC 2009, I'm sure he'll make an appearance this June in Philly. All we need is hot weather and tight deadlines.


4 comments :

  1. Hi Paolo,

    I find your work system very exhaustive, and inspiring, I think that your knowledge of anatomy is wide enough let yourself drawing certain poses without needing a reference (this post may be an example). I wonder if you make then because you just feel confident, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exhaustive is a good word for it. But you're right, often my reference photos are only used for that extra touch. In this case, I had pretty much drawn the pose successfully, but wasn't happy with the hands (often a problem for me, but I'm getting better). It's also a time issue. I can figure out a pose in an hour, or take a quick photo and get it drawn in 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are awesome paolo. nice wife beater to..

    peace out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Arnie. As my roommates can attest, that's pretty much my uniform when the weather heats up.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.