Good News/ Bad News

Monday, April 28, 2008


The good news? I found out that I got into this year's Spectrum, the premier competition for "fantastic art." These are the two pieces that were accepted (out of at least a dozen that I entered). The book should be out this fall, so keep an eye out.





The bad news? Late last night, my magnetic paper basket fell from my bulletin board and proceeded to knock down my Mystique bust. She didn't survive the fall. The culprit wasn't the magnets; it was the adhesive that held them to the basket. I'll fix her when I'm done with Mythos: Cap... the deadline for which is only 3 insane weeks away.

5 comments :

  1. Congrats on making it into Spectrum again, Paolo!

    R.I.P., Mystique. I'll pour some Maker's Mark on the sidewalk for you, honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey PR, at least her rack survived...that's not offensive, is it?
    Signed, your best friend in the world

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Xavier bust in the background! Could you post a couple shots of that? Or any other characters from X-Men Mythos?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike, the Xavier bust is the only one from X-Men. For that book, I used several friends as models.

    Also, Mystique is finally back together again.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.